The year is 1936. Lucky Luciano is the most powerful gangster in America. Thomas Dewey is an ambitious young prosecutor determined to bring him down, and Cokey Flo Brown – grifter, heroin addict, and sometimes prostitute – is the witness who claims she can do it. Only canny Long Island defense attorney George Levy stands between Lucky and a life behind bars, between Dewey and the New York Governor’s mansion.
This is their story.
-London Sunday Times
"Now and again you discover a thriller that sweeps you off your feet. This is one."
"The prose equivalent of a Dorothea Lange photograph."
smart, real, vivid as hell, and so plausible it could be in the Times. Greaves is a master of the language.
I loved this book.”
–Douglas Preston, #1 New York Times best-selling author
"Not one reader in a thousand will guess the ending."
Explore the site:
- Order The Last Heir: IndieBound | Barnes & Noble | Amazon
- Get to know Chuck and how he became a novelist
- The true crime story behind Hard Twisted
- Hush Money: Cutting Room Floor
- Essays: Solving Everett Ruess | Summer of Jack Kirby | (Nero) Wolfe Pack
- Invite Chuck to speak at your next event or book club meeting