The year is 1936. Lucky Luciano is the most powerful gangster in America. Thomas Dewey is an ambitious young prosecutor determined to bring him down, and Cokey Flo Brown – grifter, heroin addict, and sometimes prostitute – is the witness who claims she can do it. Only canny Long Island defense attorney George Levy stands between Lucky and a life behind bars, between Dewey and the New York Governor’s mansion.
This is their story.
-Jonathan Evison, author of The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving.
"A strong literary voice that can render period with authority and violence without sensationalism."
-London Sunday Times
"Now and again you discover a thriller that sweeps you off your feet. This is one."
"The prose equivalent of a Dorothea Lange photograph."
"MacTaggart is full
"Oenophiles should enjoy the Napa Valley flavor, and the legally savvy, irreverent Jack makes a fine tour guide."
Explore the site:
- Pre-Order Tom & Lucky (and George & Cokey Flo):
IndieBound | Barnes & Noble | Amazon
- View exclusive People v. Luciano Documents
- Get to know Chuck and how he became a novelist
- The true crime story behind Hard Twisted
- Essays: Solving Everett Ruess | Summer of Jack Kirby | (Nero) Wolfe Pack
- Invite Chuck to speak at your next event or book club meeting